Sunday, March 30, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
- Look around on Flickr
- get the mail and find this package from historicallydestash's shop on Etsy
- these are antique knitting needles from England
- make my favorite breakfast drink: the recipe is simple- a 4oz carton of lowfat vanilla yogurt,1 banana cut up,fill the empty yogurt cup with skim milk,a splash of honey,3 or 4 ice cubes and a few almonds-whole or slivered.Sometimes I add a few raspberries or strawberries-fresh or frozen-put in blender-frappe-pour-drink-ahhh...
- talk on the phone
- mess are with the blog settings
- and take this picture of my poppies waiting to bloom
Monday, March 24, 2008
What a great way to start a week off from work-looking at some of my favorite pics-the girls will be over soon to have their EGG HUNT,because when you are a nurse working most holidays is a given...but as I said I am off ALL week and this is what I would like to accomplish:
- Getting some rest--really gonna happen?
- Finish the felted slippers-likely
- Work on Kilcar-I hope to...but I keep starting other projects
- Finish reading DUMA KEY
- Make the rod sleeves for Dad...not really much fun but he asked and he is dad...
- start spring cleaning...what is that anyway?
- Shopping and lunches out-yeah
Let's see what I end up doing...
Monday, March 17, 2008
This is my gram..I miss her...she will be gone 5 years this May-she passed 1 week before my first grandaughter was born. Eastertime always makes me think of her..she was the most wonderful cook-my grandparents both came from northern Italy-so you can imagine the tastiest dishes that I have had the pleasure to consume-I learned all I know about cooking from her-I hope that I am half the cook she was...one of our favorite easter treats was Ricotta Pie-she made the best,and we couldn't wait to eat this traditional dessert every year-it is typically made with a top and bottom crust-but lately I have been making it without-less calories-so you can enjoy another piece if you want!- I'd like to share my recipe and hope you will try it sometime on your Easter Sunday:
*3# ricotta cheese(whole or skim milk type)
*1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract and ground cinnamon
Combine cheese,sugar,eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Pour batter into a buttered 13 x 9 x2 " baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake @ 300 F. for 1 hour-cool -eat- enjoy- really good served with fresh raspberries!My gram was the person who thaught me to knit-I was about 11-she taught the neighbor kids-boys too -that summer-I've never looked back...I love her...you would have too.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Well,as you can see I have been having some fun making crayons rolls-they were sooo much fun-and won't the girls be surprised on Easter to see these in their baskets?